- Pre-application conference with the
Zoning Administrator for Level 3 Preliminary Site Plan.
- Applicant submits application, 4
item listed in Article 19, 3-421, B (3), and fees to Zoning Administrator.
- Zoning Administrator determines if all submission requirements
have been met. Advise applicant within 30 days if additional material
needs to be submitted.
- Zoning Administrator notifies applicant that application
has been received and is being processed. Zoning Administrator prepares
analysis for Planning Commission and Board of Supervisors once approval
has been received from state and local agencies.
- Planning Commission reviews application. Planning Commission
shall hold a Public Hearing in accordance with Title 15.2-2204 and 15.2-2285,
Code of Virginia (The Planning Commission and Board of Supervisors may
hold a joint Public Hearing). Public Notice being given in accordance
with above Code sections.
- Following the Public Hearing, the Planning Commission
shall submit its recommendations to the Board of Supervisors. Planning
Commission shall state its reasons for its recommendations, describe
any recommended changes in conditions and indicate whether proposed
conditional use permit is in conformity with the comp plan.
- Planning Commission shall make its recommendation to
the Board of Supervisors within 90 days following the first meeting
of the Planning Commission after the proposed conditional use permit
had been referred to the Commission.
- Board of Supervisors may make appropriate changes or
corrections in the proposed conditional use permit use permit. The Board
of Supervisors may approve or disapprove the conditional use permit.
Time limit for action by the Board of Supervisors is 12 months.
- If the Board of Supervisors approves the rezoning or
conditional use permit, the Planning Commission shall recommend to the
Board of Supervisors to approve. Approve with modifications or disapprove
the preliminary site plan. Time limit for approval by the Planning Commission
is 100 days.
- Upon approval of preliminary site plan, applicant submits
final site plan to Zoning Administrator within 6 months.
- Applicant submits final site plan and posts a bond or
cash deposit for the cash of public improvements for the project (if
any). Zoning Administrator has 90 days to approve the final site plan.
Approval of final site plan expires in 1 year (unless building permit
Land Development Application
This form is in Acrobat (pdf) format. If you do not have a copy
of Adobes Acrobat Reader currently installed on your computer, click
here to install it.