- Pre-application conference with the
- Applicant submits application, fees and 25 copies of
general development plan to Zoning Administrator. Zoning Administrator
prepares analysis and submits to Planning Commission for guidance and
comment and informal review.
- Applicant may then submit a preliminary site plan to
Zoning Administrator submits the plan to Planning Commission for formal
review. Planning Commission reviews preliminary site plan.
- If application includes a request of rezoning or conditional
use permit, Planning Commission shall hold a Public Hearing in accordance
with Title 15.2-2204 and 15.2-2285, Code of Virginia.
- Planning Commission shall make it recommendation (on
the rezoning or conditional use permit) to the Board of Supervisors
within 90 days following the first meeting of the Planning Commission
after the preliminary site plan and application for zoning have been
referred to it.
- The Board of Supervisors shall consider the proposed
development and hold a Public Hearing in accordance with Title 15.2-2204
and 15.2-2285, Code of Virginia and approve or disapprove the application
for rezoning or conditional use permit. Time limit for action by the
Board of Supervisors is 12 months.
- If the Board of Supervisors approved the rezoning or
conditional use permit, the Planning Commission shall recommend to the
Board of Supervisors to approve. Approve with modifications or disapprove
the preliminary site plan.
- Upon approval of preliminary site plan, applicant submits
final site plan to Zoning Administrator within 6 months.
- Applicant submits final site plan and posts
a bond or cash deposit for the cost of public improvements for the project
(if any). Zoning Administrator has 90 days to approve the final site
plan. Approval of final site plan expires in 1 year (unless building
- Applicant submits an Erosion and Sediment control
Plan, permit application and fees. Review by Wetlands Engineer determines
bond amount for erosion control measures. Approves or disapproved plan
within 45 days. If approved, pre-construction meeting set with Wetlands
Engineer and Zoning Administrator Land disturbance permit is issued
start construction. Periodic monitoring of project by Wetlands
Engineer and Zoning Administrator.
Land Development Application
This form is in Acrobat (pdf) format. If you do not have a copy
of Adobes Acrobat Reader currently installed on your computer, click
here to install it.