- Applicant submits application, 4
items listed in Article 19,3-421, B (1), and fees to Zoning Administrator.
- Zoning Administrator determines of all submission requirements
have been met. Advise applicant within 30 days if additional material
needs to be submitted.
- Zoning Administrator notifies applicant that application
has been received and is being processed. Zoning Administrator prepares
analysis for Planning Commission and Board of Supervisors.
- Planning Commission reviews application. Planning Commission
shall hold a Public Hearing in accordance with Title 15.2-2204 and 15.2-2285,
code of Virginia. (The Planning Commission and Board of Supervisors
may hold a joint Public Hearing). Public Notice being given in accordance
with about Code sections. Notice shall also include the posting of a
sign on subject property.
- Following the Public Hearing, the Planning Commission
shall submit its recommendations to the Board of Supervisors. Planning
Commission shall state its reasons for its recommendations, describe
any recommended changes in conditions and indicate whether proposed
amendment is in conformity with the comp plan.
- Planning Commission shall make its recommendation to
the Board of Supervisors within 90 days following the first meeting
of the Planning Commission after the proposed amendment has been referred
to the Commission.
- Board of Supervisors shall give notice and hold a Public
Hearing on the application. Board of Supervisors may make appropriate
changes or corrections in the proposed amendment. The Board of Supervisors
may approve or disapprove the application for rezoning. Time limit for
action by the Board of Supervisors is 12 months.
- There shall be no amendment or variation of proffered
conditions created until after an additional Public Hearing before the
Board of Supervisors in accordance with Section 15.2-2294, Code of Virginia.
- Whenever a rezoning takes place, such changes to the
Official Zoning District Map shall be correctly noted on the map by
the Zoning Administrator (See Art. 3, 3-63). The official Zoning District
Map shall show by an appropriate symbol on the map the existence of
conditions attaching to the zoning depicted on the map.
Land Development Application
This form is in Acrobat (pdf) format. If you do not have a copy
of Adobes Acrobat Reader currently installed on your computer, click
here to install it.